Far Cry 2 Impression

It's been a while since I played a single-player FPS game. The last one I played was Call of Duty 4, and it was one of the best FPS games I have ever played on Xbox 360.

Ever since I stumbled upon Far Cry 2 for the PC, I thought it looks amazing. I have played the first Far Cry, and it was a great game for a never-heard-before type of game. It was famous for its long-draw-distance graphics, and the beautiful paradise location which turned out to be hell after all.

Far Cry 2 changed the setting to Africa. Although it doesn't sound like paradise, the graphics make us all forget about the location. Crytek made all things possible with its incredible graphics and real-time environment and weather. There are 50 square miles of land to explore, and that adds up to at least 50 hours of gameplay!

By the way, I haven't finished the game, so don't take my impression as a review. But from what I have seen and played so far, it's a great game. There are many approaches you can take with the game, and that's from completing a mission to killing a group of thugs. The upgrades and rewards add the whole Role-Playing feel to the game which reminds me of STALKER. But Far Cry 2 is just much better than STALKER because you don't have to unlock the areas because they're already unlocked!

Of course there's always a drawback in a game, and Far Cry 2 is no exception. What makes me frustrate with the game is the long travel to get to a mission. The AI can be annoying sometimes. They are either very smart, or very stupid at the same time. What I mean is that they seem to have a very good eyes to be able to spot you at night when you're so far away from them. Another thing is their never-give-up nature where they will chase you until you're down. That gets on my nerve sometimes because all I wanted to do is to finish the mission, and they just seem to bother me every time I drive through their territory!

Overall, this game is highly recommended for Xbox 360 or PS3 owners. The PC version may be a lot better in graphics department (if you have a high-end system that is), but the features are just basically the same.


0 comments: