Horror, Lesbian, and Bedtime

Two days ago on Christmas' eve, I went to watch the Bedtime Stories' (Adam Sandler) late night debut with my cousin. At first, I wanted to watch it at Seremban 2 Jusco, but my cousin suggested that we should watch at the new Seremban Terminal 2. If you haven't been to Seremban, there's a Terminal 1 complex in downtown where you can find most of the main buses to go out of the city.

The new Terminal is located about five kilometers from the first one. But for a person who's lived in Seremban for quite a while, the location has a rather 'tropical' feel into it because the place is surrounded by jungle trees. But once you get in the middle of the area, you'll feel like if you're in a smaller version of Las Vegas. The complex offer a few bars and restaurants which you might enjoy hanging out with your loved ones. The new Terminal will also offer some bus services out of the city, but not all of them.

So, me and my cousin went to watch the 11.40pm movie at MBO Terminal 2. Frankly, I didn't know what to expect from the new movie theater. For all I know, it's a new movie theater in town which hasn't got enough credibility to be on the same level with GSC and TGV cinemas. The entrance to the location is a bit different from what we're used to with GSC and TGV. You'll encounter a few montage of classic and latest movies on the walls and ceilings before you can get to the food counter to buy popcorn. Oh, the ticker counter is just outside the entrance by the way.

The plan was to watch the movie at 11.40pm 'cause that's what the ticket says. So we went into the theater to get to our seats about five minutes before the movie started. To be honest, the theater was rather small which reminded me of a home theater size. When it started though, it was the wrong. It showed the horror movie Histeria instead. Me and my cousin thought we got into the wrong theater, but I was sure that something was wrong 'cause the majority of the audience inside the theater was Chinese. Logically, not many Chinese audience would go watch a Malay movie. A few of us from the audience went outside to complaint to the manager. When the person who was handling theater 6 (the theater number where we were in) came, he explained to us that the movie hasn't arrived yet. We had to wait about half and hour before we could watch the movie we wanted to watch. In order to keep us happy, they let us watch the Malay movie while waiting.

What surprises me is that the movie was pretty well made. I am known by my friends that I dislike watching Malay movies even though I'm a Malay. So it's quite an achievement if a Malay movie was able to make me feel entertained if not amused. The gore and the suspense was well placed, and the surpise element (which was the lesbian element) was quite... well, surprising of course!

Once we got to watch Bedtime Stories, I had lost a bit of mood after waiting for so long. But the movie itself made me feel fresh again. If you loved Happy Gilmore, you're gonna love this one. The story was quite simple, but the way it was told in third person by Skeeter's (played by Adam Sandler) father in the intro made me feel like if I was watching a bedtime story (no pun intended). I don't like spoiling everything, but if you've seen the trailer, that's pretty much what to expect from the movie.

Anyway, it was an odd movie experience at first, but it was good at the end. The movie finished at 2.35am, which was an hour behind schedule. If you're planning to watch a movie anytime this week, I suggest you to watch Bedtime Stories or Histeria (yes, I mean it!).


0 comments: