The English dominance continue

Fernando-Torres-Liverpool-Real-Madrid-Champio_1984356

It’s been known for awhile now that the English clubs are dominating in Europe for the past five seasons. If you haven’t noticed, for the past five seasons, English clubs had been involved in the semis and finals. That shows you just how dominant they are right now. There’s no difference with the midweek Champions League knockout games which saw all four English clubs defeated their opponents almost at ease (except for Arsenal).

The highlight of the week would have been Liverpool’s 4 – 0 thumping over Real Madrid, the nine-time champions. The Spanish champions recorded their biggest ever Champions League defeat, and that’s a feat which all Red would be proud of. That includes me of course. Bayern Munich also recorded a fine 12 – 1 aggregate over Sporting Lisbon. It makes me laugh and disbelieve every time I look at that scoreline. They are certainly a team to beat this year, along with Barcelona after defeating Lyon 5 – 2 (6 – 3 on aggregate) at the Nou Camp.

Didier-Drogba-Juventus-Chelsea-Champions-Leag_1984790

Anyway, now that the Champions League is out of the way, I’ll be looking forward to the biggest game this season which is between Manchester United and Liverpool. Two old rivals lock head-to-head for the second time this season. A win for either side will certainly shape their title fate for the rest of the season. I have a feeling that Liverpool will triumph this time. But I won’t get carried away ‘cause I’ve been disappointed before. I’ll be watching the game at BRJ Desa Setapak, Wangsa Maju this Saturday. If you’re anywhere there, come join me and my mates for the 8:40pm kick-off.



0 comments: